01 February, 2008

Why I started Imago Forest

People sometimes ask me how I got into market gardening... Well, I started Imago Forest with the intention to demonstrate that even in today's climate, small-scale organic farming can be financially viable, environmentally friendly and socially rewarding .

This desire came about after working with the market gardeners on the urban fringe of Sydney and organic farmers in the Hunter region and seeing serious challenges for both groups.

The market gardeners in Sydney are often successful financially, however they do not use organic or sustainable agricultural practices. While many of the organic farmers are environmentally sustainable, they are often financially stressed. Both groups work extraordinarily long and hard hours.

My goal is to try and combine the best practices of each of these groups into a workable whole! Besides, who wouldn't want to live somewhere with views like in the photo. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment