21 February, 2008

Animals everywhere!

Coming home yesterday, I was surprised to find a brand new animal in the house... a bat. It was one of the very small ones and it had taken up residence in the kitchen. A bit alarmed at my intrusion, it flew around and around the yurt. My first thought was how was I going to let it out (other than leaving the doors and windows open) and my second was about how i was going to clean up the mess.

Thankfully after a few circuits of my round house, it hung upside from the roof and worked out its exit strategy. And also thankfully, unlike birds, it hadn't made a big mess of the house.

Living up here brings you in contact with a lot more Nature than I'm used to in the city and certainly more than i'd expect in the house including - snakes, lizards, frogs, leeches (but only when we bring them in) and now a bat!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah and I could really imagine that little bat flying around! If only Imago was a little closer because we'd love to bring our Melbourne friends up for a visit. They'd love it! We were talking about you and Imago just yesterday. Any news on getting that cow?

    ReplyDelete