29 July, 2009

Errant Trousers

The apartment that Aunt Esther and Uncle Michael live in have a swimming pool. Now I imagined that being HK, that this would be a small little indoor pool. But as it turns out it is quite a large one with an egyptian theme, outdoors up against the hillside covered in jungle. The Egyptian theme means that there are water spouts and some misters giving atmosphere.

Each day Esther and I go down and have a swim. There are regulation hours and of course two life guards in case anybody gets in trouble in the pool which is 1.2m at it's deepest.

This morning at the pool side, Aunty Esther came to me and said she had something very serious to talk to me about and that she felt very upset. My mind was whirling, but then I thought being HK that it was probably not that bad...

Esther came to me to admit that my trousers had blown off the line on the verandah and were caught halfway down the building. Much relieved we had a laugh as we looked up at them flapping in the breeze.

Funnily enough they were trousers that i'd got last time i was in HK, so they'll be very easy to replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment