04 May, 2009

Raw Food

I had a very interesting experience over the weekend which completely debunked some of the preconceptions that I had about diet. I attended an "Awakening Warrior" workshop at Imago Forest and had some trepidation, not least because for two days we'd be following a raw vegan diet.
The diet meant raw fruit and raw vegetables only. Not only no meat, but no dairy, grains, nuts and no cooking!
As it turned out I felt so good that I kept going for another day, until vegetarians arrived at Imago and we started eating ... cooked food. I really noticed how the grains sat heavily in my stomach after the raw diet.
I think that I may have taken to the diet more easily because of the amount of fresh raw fruit and veg that I have available at Imago, but I'll still be reading a book recommended to me called "The 80/10/10 Diet" by Dr Douglas Graham. This will apparently give me the knowledge to know why humans thrive on a low fat diet of whole, fresh, ripe, raw, organic plant foods in simple combination.

2 comments:

  1. Raw to the core baby!!! see you this weekend for more raw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raw Aussie Athlete06 May, 2009

    Long live raw in Imago Forest!

    ReplyDelete