07 March, 2008

Passing of seasons

Here I am looking proudly at all my tomato seedlings, thrilled that i've managed to get so many to grow at last, and now the season is over!
I've put as many in as possible, but I know from last year that up here February is the last chance to get them in the ground and have a hope of getting fruit from them before the cold stops them from growing.
Similarly I'll stop putting zucchinis in the ground.
So onto thinking about the winter vegetables... broccoli, onions, garlic, cabbage, turnips and leeks. hmmm, not all my most favourite things to eat, but good sturdy food none the less. And that much tastier than the shop bought ones!
Thankfully, I'll be able to continue with salads, greens and spinach for quite some time. And of course I look forward to pulling beautiful bunches of dutch carrots.
Enjoy the warmth while it's here!

1 comment:

  1. Yum - what a harvest. Looks utterly scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete